Saturday, May 5, 2007

More Mayflower stuff

It's a rainy and gloomy morning here, perfect for putzing on the computer since I can't get outside and plant flowers. So I started researching the Mayflower Society and ended up joining a Yahoo group for Chilton descendants. Oh, and I found that Judy Weaver is a member, too, so I emailed her and invited her to take a look at our blog. I hope she joins us. :o)
Here are some web sites that might be of interest:





The picture today is of a painting depicting Mary Chilton stepping onto Plymouth Rock.

3 comments:

Barbara Allen Moore said...

I finally got on the website you gave us earlier and all I can say is WOW. Anyway it was interesting to learn that Mary's mother was excommunicated from the Church of England. I read Mary's will as well and found it very interesting in how she dispersed her belongings to all her children and grandchildren. They must have been farely successful to have silver items. I had forgotten the importance of dresses and petticoats too, how precious some fabrics were. How much they were admired by her daughters and granddaughters so they were passed on is nice to know. I'm glad she had a full life.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am Nuphet, Barb's son, she was telling me about this mayflower stuff...and it is really interesting to me. My email address is nuphet1000@aol.com. I hope to get to konw you better.

Barbara Allen Moore said...

Yes Nuphet is my youngest son. He's 15 almost 16. He was very excited to learn about his Chilton ancestors and pulled up this blog while on the phone with me. Nuphet is decended from royalty on his dad's side. His great, great , great.....grandfather was once the king of Laos. So as he says he's a celebrety without the fame. Anyone whom he meets thats Laotian will tell him his ancestry. Now he can say that he is also decended from the Mayflower pilgrims. He lives in Memphis Tn with his dad and stepmom, a lovely lady from Scotland,Evelyn McDonald. He will join us now and then as the next generation of cousin.