Thursday, July 24, 2008

Prayers Needed

Okay, cousins, it's time to rally around and send up SO MANY PRAYERS that Debbie can't help but feel the love.

In case you haven't heard, Debbie is in Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. Last night she was diagnosed with metastasized cancer - it started in her throat and is wrapped around her carotid artery, and spread throughout her body.


Here's Barbie's email from this morning:


"Nick took her in last night, She was bleeding in her throat badly. This morning they are going to do a Cat Scan to see how far her cancer is in her body. At this time they know it's in her throat and surrounding her carotid artery. She is refusing chemo or radiation but her doctors say they probably won't help anyway, the cancer is too far spread. She may be trached later because the swelling in her throat is making it hard for her to breath and they are having difficulty keeping the swelling down. There is no room number at this time because they keep moving her and taking tests, we should have one later.


Deedee is going over to stay with mom this morning and to tell her the news. She has been having trouble with her heart again. The nitro is helping but this could be too much for her. I'm so scared but Deedee and Aunt Janet will be with her. I'm sure she'll want to travel to Nashville but I don't think she's up to it physically.

Daniel isn't completely recovered yet from his accident and he relies on his mom a lot so he's been with Kathy all night and she's called our brother Mike in Colo. My sister Jenny is my contact and Kathy's for now. Lee (my ex) is going up to Vanderbilt this weekend and taking frogger. Nick and Lee are friends so it will be of some help to Nick.

If ever a man loved a woman its Nick. He's completely devoted to her and this has to be devastating him. They talk numerous times a day and share everything together. They are just never really are apart.

The cell phone I used is Dylans so if you call that number that's who you'll get. Our home phone is 308-233-5521 and that's the best for getting to me. I will be gone for a while at 1pm to take Vivi to the doctor for her check up then I'll be back home.

Love to you all,
Barb"


I have spoken to Barbie and she will keep us all informed as she gets any news. I'll try to keep this blog updated as quickly as I get any information.


Now here's what I'm asking from you guys - just prayer. Go to the bottom of this post and click on "comments", then leave a message for Debbie & Nick, Jenny, Daniel, Jake, Aunt Sherry and the rest of the family. LET'S LET THEM KNOW WE'RE HERE. Say a prayer for them, for support and comfort and the miracle of healing, and the ability to accept whatever comes. I can tell you from experience that just knowing people are praying for you and your family is extremely helpful during a time like this.


Also, I'm hoping to go to Tennessee if at all possible. I don't know when yet - it'll depend on what all they decide in the next few days - where Debbie will be, etc. If anyone would like to go along and share the cost, I'd love some company. I'll post details when I know for certain what's happening.


6 comments:

Tammy said...

Debbie, Nick, and all - I am praying SO HARD for all of you to feel His comforting arms around you. Lean into them and take strength from them.
I love you.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Debbie, My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. I don't know what the right words are.. I am thinking of you.. sending xoxo Patty

Anonymous said...

Debby is in the Middleton C Medical Center in Murfreesboro, Tenn they talked of moving her to Vanderbilt but nothing has been said since. I E-mailed everyone what I was told today and will continue to do so. I am okay kids I am kinda in a numb stage, two of my girls with cancer, what is happening. But I strongly believe Prayer is the strongest medicine we can send to Debby, I feel we can take care of this part and the Doctors can do their part and we all will hope for the best. I just cannot give up my HOPE for my girls, I cannot see me living without all of my children, I don't get to see them very often but we do communicate and I know they are there, so I PRAY and I HOPE and I hangon. I want to thank all of you for the Prayers and the love and thoughts you are sending to my very precious daughters.

MY LOVE Aunt Sherry

DeeDee said...

This message is for my whole family, I just want to say "THANK YOU!!!" for all of your thoughts, prayers, and support. It means so much when we can count on our family. Mom is handling this a lot better than I expected. She has such an undying strength with in her, it just amazes me. She is able to put these situations in the Lord's hands and that is exactly where this needs to be. I know that that strength runs in the family and I pray that Barb and Deb are able to dig down deep into it and use it to get through their illnesses. Again, "Thank You All" for your support. It means so much.

Love & Prayers,
DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, it's Randy. I may not have any words that will help how you must feel right now, but that dosen't mean I don't have anything to say to the coolest cousin of us all. I say this because every childhood memory I have of you is good. It was always great fun when you would babysit us. I don't think you ever beat my butt. Anyway, as we got older and the challenges got bigger I remember you always meeting them head on. I remember thinking, Debbie won't take crap from anybody, I have always admired that about you. When we both lived in Lincoln we crossed paths a few times and had alot of fun playing sand volley ball. It is always fun being around you and you are by far the coolest cousin of us all. Debbie, I don't know when God is going to take you home, but I do know this. All of us have been blessed by having you touch our lives.

God Bless You
and your family.

Randy

Anonymous said...

Debbie and family we are all praying for you, I hope to god that this goes into remition (sp) after all the treatments, we can pray for that.. I have notified the family, I call mom with all the emails and she passes them on to whom ever she talks with.
You know you have a bunch of cool relatives out here that have alot of friends who have prayer chains and they are all in full force...
Sending lots of hugs, kisses and prayers you way...

Joyce, Dale, Ben and Dalayni...